This accelerated learning course is designed to help you prepare for PMI's Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) Exam—and gain the most understanding of project management with the least amount of study. Developed by Rita Mulcahy, this course is designed to decrease your after-class study time to less than 40 hours.
Duration: 16 Hours Contact Hours/ PDUs: 16
Unique features of this course include games, exercises and other tools to help you understand—NOT MEMORIZE—the concepts necessary to pass the CAPM® exam. This course includes Rita's entire CAPM Exam Prep System (a $299 value) for free as part of the course materials.
Other unique features of RMC's 2-day CAPM® Exam Prep course include games, contests, case studies, exercises and other tools to help you understand—not memorize—the material needed to help you pass the CAPM® exam. This class will also help you discover your knowledge gaps by uncovering what you know AND what you do not know.
This course entails 16 hours of training.
This is an intensive exam preparation course, so students should not expect the class to end early. Classes that are scheduled to end at 5pm or 6pm typically end promptly at that time, and students who leave early will miss important exam-related information, and could risk losing all earned Contact Hours.
Who Should Attend
Individuals who are new to project management and are interested in entering the project management profession.
By the end of this course you will:
- Decrease your required after-class study time to less than 40 hours.
- Have received focused training on areas where students have the most exam difficulty.
- Know the secrets to taking and passing the exam.
- Possess a personalized study plan.
- Have the latest information from over 14 years of experience helping tens of thousands of project managers.
- Be "prepped" to take the exam – this is a prep course and a review course.
- Know and be able to recall four times more information than many other prep courses.
- Have had individual attention.
- Learn exactly what you know… and what you do not know.
- Have insider tips.
- Be sooooo close to passing the exam!
Upon completion of this course, you WILL know:
- Exactly what to expect on the exam itself
- How to utilize Tricks of the Trade® for passing the exam
- The definitions of hundreds of PMI® -isms
- What your strong and weak areas of knowledge are
- Which areas to focus your study on
- How to identify and easily handle all types of questions found on the exam
- What your probability of passing the exam will be
- What you need to do to pass the CAPM® exam
What to Do Before You Arrive
- Consider taking the PMGI CAPM course. If you cannot take that course we recommend that you refresh your memory about project management before this course by reviewing any course materials you may have. You may not know that there are things that you do not know!
- Submit your application to PMI to take the exam – By the time this course is finished you will be eager to take the exam as soon as possible. We therefore strongly suggest that you complete or at least begin your online application to take the exam before you take this course. The best way to prepare and submit your application is to do so online by going to the PMI® website. Then when you have completed studying after the course you will be ready to pass the exam. Remember that you can begin your application now and finish it later.
What to Bring to This Course
- PMBOK® Guide, 6th Edition (2017) (hard copy, or printed from CD version)
Course materials will include the book CAPM® Exam Prep, PM FASTrack® Exam Simulation Software for the CAPM® Exam, and our Hot Topics Flashcards, plus additional materials not available to the public. Additionally, students will receive a free, 30-day subscription to our CAPM Exam Prep Online Course.* Note: these materials are included as part of the course. You may receive a discount on your course registration if you already own any or all of them.
The course is organized into the following lessons:
- Introduction to the Exam
- Project Life Cycle
- Human Resources
- Risk Management